Training, Qualifications and Experience
My interest in Counselling and Psychotherapy first started when I worked in the NHS as a Mental Health Nurse from 1979-1992. In this role I completed a training in Counselling and Family therapy. Later I chose to train as a Gestalt Psychotherapist in order to be able to offer talking therapy to clients with more complex problems and to work at greater depth. I still have a strong commitment and interest in working with clients with mental health issues as well as less deep seated issues where short term work is often more appropriate.
I am in regular ongoing continuing professional development. I have also been a key member of a research group which has recently completed a three year project studying the effectiveness of Gestalt Psychotherapy in the UK.
Training and Qualifications
- Registered Psychiatric Nurse - 1982
- Post graduate Diploma in Counselling - Bristol University - 1990
- Post graduate Diploma in Gestalt Psychotherapy - 1998
- M.A. Gestalt Psychotherapy - 2000
- Member of Gestalt Psychotherapy & Training Institute - 2005
- EMDR Training Level 1 - 2006
- Supervision Training - 2006
- Object Relational Gestalt Therapy training levels 1 and 2 - 2010